Ringenes herre

Debat om f.eks. gode og dårlige soundtracks.

Redaktør: Henrik

Besvar
Super User
Super User

Ringenes herre

Indlæg af 224 »

Hvorfor er det lige at man knap kan høre hvad koret synger i THE BRIDGE OF KHAZAA DUM

Nogle der ved det - det lyder rigtigt sejt

mark
Gizmo
Active User
Active User
Geografisk sted: København
Kontakt:

Re: Ringenes herre

Indlæg af Gizmo »

224 skrev:Hvorfor er det lige at man knap kan høre hvad koret synger i THE BRIDGE OF KHAZAA DUM
Jeg har fundet denne diskussion af emnet på en af de mange Tolkien-hjemmesider. I øvrigt kan man i MUSIC FROM THE MOVIES nr. 42 læse en hel masse om teksterne i LOTR-trilogien.

The Bridge of Khazad-Dum

1:06 – 1:25
URKHAS TANAKHI! LU! LU!
TANI TARAHI LU! LU!

(sounds like TANI TARAHI, but there is no such text in the published poem)

UGRÛD TASHNIKI KURDUMÂ LU! LU!

1:30 – 1:39
URUS NI URUS NI
URUS NI BUZRA
LU!_______

1:46 – 1:56
Ah_______
URUS URUS NI
URUS BUZRA
LU! LU! LU! LU!
URKHAS URUS NI BUZRA

1:56 – 2:07
LU! LU! LU! LU!
URKHAS TALBABI
TALBABI URKHAS
URUS NI BUZRA
URKHAS TALBABI
LU! LU! LU! LU!
URUS NI URUS NI
URUS NI BUZRA

2:07 - 2:37
(very unclear, working on that part momentarily)

2:37 – 2:51
URUS URUS NI, ASKAKARE BUZRA

(This is one of very problematic places because it sounds like ASKAKARE, and also, in the movie, in this scene music is very loud, especially men's choir, so you can hear lyrics better, and there is very clear that they pronounce ASKAKARE. On the soundtrack it could also be URKHAS ARRÂS because it is very unclear, but I don't think thats what they are singing.)

URUS URUS NI, ASKAKARE BUZRA
URUS URUS NI, TANI TARAHI
TANI TARAHI, ASKAKARE BUZRA
URUS BUZRA, URUS BUZRA

2:55 – 3:36
URKHAS TANAKHI, URUS NI BUZRA
ARRÂS TALBABI FILLUMÂ, FILLUMÂ
UGRÛD TASHNIKI, KURDUMÂ, KURDUMÂ
URUS URKHAS
URKHAS TANAKHI, URKHAS TANAKHI
ARRÂS TALBABI ~ÂS TANAKHI
(not quite sure about this)
URUS URKHAS TANAKHI
URKHAS TANAKHI, URKHAS TANAKHI
URUS NI BUZRA
URKHAS LU!

3:54 – 4:03
URUS NI BUZRA, URKHAS TALBABI
GURD! GURD! GURD! GURD!

(I'm little puzzled about this, because GURD! [Have fear!] is part of The Abyss poem, but it is possible that The Abyss was written earlier, before Howard was composing for Two Towers,or it could be part of the second poem in Khuzdul used in A Journey in the Dark.)

ASKAKARE URKHAS TALBABI
ASKAKARE URKHAS, ASKAKARE URKHAS

Many thanks to Danijel Legin, who put together this hypothetical reconstruction.
We can't know are the words correct. Translation is, of course, unknown because this is neo-Khuzdul
( David Salo's reconstruction of Khuzdul language)and until exact lyrics are published translation will remain unknown.

Update 12/03 Additional commentary by David Salo:
The language you heard is what I sometimes call "Neo-Khuzdul" or New Dwarvish. It's based on or inspired by the few Dwarvish words and names which Tolkien created and which have been published; but since Tolkien did not provide us anything regarding the grammar of Dwarvish (except a vague hint that it might be like Hebrew), and only gave us a very small vocabulary, something like 90% of this language is a new invention--by me. It sounds like Khuzdul, but I am sure that in structure and vocabulary it is much more different from what Tolkien would have created than any of the Elvish.

Part of what you hear goes like this:

Fire in the deep! Urus ni buzra!
Flames lick our skin! Arrâs talbabi fillumâ!
Fear rips our heart! Ugrûd tashniki kurdumâ!
No! No! No! Lu! Lu! Lu!
The demon comes! Urkhas tanakhi!

Some of the things you can see here are the construction of verbs with the prefix ta- (for third person): talbabi "lick", tashniki "rips", tanakhi "comes"; the suffix -mâ for "our": fillumâ "our skin", kurdumâ "our heart". We have some related words, like urus "fire", arrâs "flame"; and some words that should look familiar, e.g. buzra "deep" (cf. bizar "valley, deep place" in Azanul-bizar), and urkhas "demon, balrog", related to rukhs "orc" much as Quenya rauco "demon" is related to urco "orc". So there is real linguistic structure there, and an homage to Tolkien's languages; but very little of it is genuine Tolkien. - David Salo
Søren Henrik Jacobsen
Super User
Super User

tak

Indlæg af 224 »

ok

mange tak
Besvar